17 May When life gives you lemons…
So I have been doing this for a few years on and off, and I always end up coming back to it at the start of each season. I was reminded this past week by my good friend and Naturopathic Doctor, dr. Jesse Pierce of Livewell in Ottawa to start again.
So why all the lemons?
I hit the number 50 this past year and I find myself looking back and reaching for all of the anti-aging hormone balancing tools that I can find to put into my toolbox.
Dr. Jesse gave me a list of benefits to drinking hot lemon water in the morning… and the last one is the best!
- Fights inflammation – because lemon juice is alkalizing
- Supports a healthy immune system – Vitamin C!
- Aids digestion – helps eliminate toxins
- Hydrating – electrolytes
- Detoxifying – a gentle diuretic to help flush toxins naturally
- Metabolism booster – pectin helps reduce cravings and matches a more alkaline diet
- And the last one:
Balance your hormones – alkalizing and liver supporting properties that help the body break down damaging toxins derived from the environment in the form of hormone disruptors.
Morning Lemon Water
Boil water, add juice of half of a lemon (1 tablespoon) and a pinch of cayenne!
Drink over the first half an hour after waking before eating breakfast.